This blog is for those who are around me to share my world

Reflections and thoughts I have gathered for myself during my 9-month stay in China. I hope this blog will be able to bless each and everyone of you in what ever ways that God wants it to be. "What is enriching to the eyes will be enriching to the mind, and what is enriching to the mind will in turn be enriching to the soul." - Natalie

Wednesday 6 June 2007

The 'Julia Robert's' boots

Hey, it was so amazing to see how the women dress here. Well, I can say, they really made great effort in dressing up themselves, even going to the market. I can see young women like to wear the typical "Julia Robert's" high-cut boots. These boots can literally bring them to everywhere and anywhere. They doubled up as trekking boots in the mountains, slippers in the market, and heels in the shopping malls.

With such a pair of high heels boots, not only they can run amazingly fast to catch bus and trains, they can also tread through mountains and fields effortlessly. These women indeed, have strong calves! It is so amazing that they got so used to their boots that they have integrated as part of their legs. As for me, I still sprained my ankles while chasing after bus, slipped and fell in the mountains with my ‘Montreal’ trekking boots.

Although I admired them wearing such footwear to roam around, I don’t think I will be able to wear them, partly because of the sizes available, and partly these Chinese women really know how to take good care of their bodies, that their legs really look nice and slender. Since I am blessed with 2 big tree trunks to hold my weight, I think I better be contented with just running shoes and trekking boots. Furthermore, I think the boots will burst if I'm going wear them.

No comments:

Some where over the rainbow...

Some where over the rainbow...