This blog is for those who are around me to share my world

Reflections and thoughts I have gathered for myself during my 9-month stay in China. I hope this blog will be able to bless each and everyone of you in what ever ways that God wants it to be. "What is enriching to the eyes will be enriching to the mind, and what is enriching to the mind will in turn be enriching to the soul." - Natalie

Monday 26 November 2007

Children sent from heaven!

My best time spent during this trip, to my stay with these bunch of kids on the vast grassland of Yushu, Qinghai province. There, i really felt like the actress in the classic movie,"Sound of Music", haha, except the figure and the voice though...

I roamed around the plains with them, playing 'catching' and rolling on the wild flowers. We took cardboards and slide down the slopes, getting that adrenaline rush and collasping onto each other. I am glad that I did not roll over them and crush their bones! I sang songs to them, and we piggy-back each other, racing across the fields. we were surrounded by yaks and sheeps, which were indifferent to our actions and noises, and still busily eating away...

i am fed with love and that feeling of freedom. i am enriched in my spirit. and a lot of times, these children teach and give me more than i can provide to them. there are so much to learn from them! the simplicity of being just a human, the simplicity of just living the life to the basics.





1 comment:

yixiang said...

do you still check this blog? haha anyway no need to send sanza over! haha.. cause my mum's sending stuff over so might as well :) save on postage :)

Some where over the rainbow...

Some where over the rainbow...