This blog is for those who are around me to share my world

Reflections and thoughts I have gathered for myself during my 9-month stay in China. I hope this blog will be able to bless each and everyone of you in what ever ways that God wants it to be. "What is enriching to the eyes will be enriching to the mind, and what is enriching to the mind will in turn be enriching to the soul." - Natalie

Monday 28 May 2007

History of my time

I stepped into this land of dragons since 6th Dec 2006. As for why did I choose this country to go, I cannot explain to myself either.Well, I used to hate this place a lot because my parents always wanted me to visit China since I was a young girl. They felt that I should know my roots and my ancestors too. However, after hearing so many horrible tales about this country, I have decided that I will not step into this place. Now, I have to eat back my words. I am here. I don’t know why, but I thought God has sent me into this land for a reason.

Initially, I came here because I wanted to escape something back in Singapore. I wanted to run away from unpleasant memories I had back at home and came to this far away land. Maybe to restart my life, or maybe just to take a little break from life. And so, I resigned my job and pack up and go. I bought a one-way ticket with a year's worth of visa.

I was glad that my friends were with me at the airport, sending me off. I checked in, with a stalk of sunflower in my hand, and my backpack was really heavy, with excessive baggages of life, memories and of course heavy with lots of love from my friends.

Many thanks to all my friends out there, for starting out this journey with me. It is really a fortune to be well-blessed with so many people who care. How I wish they can see what I see when I am here in china. The only thing I can do is to take a lot of pictures so that I can share what I see with my friends back at home.

No comments:

Some where over the rainbow...

Some where over the rainbow...