This blog is for those who are around me to share my world

Reflections and thoughts I have gathered for myself during my 9-month stay in China. I hope this blog will be able to bless each and everyone of you in what ever ways that God wants it to be. "What is enriching to the eyes will be enriching to the mind, and what is enriching to the mind will in turn be enriching to the soul." - Natalie

Thursday 31 May 2007

Why this trip?

Thanks for all the patience with my lengthy emails, replies, well wishes and encouragement which has kept me going through this journey.

Before I go on embarking this life journey, I have friends, who have done similar expeditions as well. After been through this journey myself, I can perfectly understand how they feel during certain point of travel and now could easily identified with them regarding the joy, frustrations, anger, lonliness and excitement of travelling into the unfamiliar land.Some of my friends who know that I am going on for this trip told me that they were really green with envious, that I can afford such time and money to go for such trip. Yes, I agreed. Time and money is something I have sacrificed, yet it could also be something that I have gained from this trip as well.

Wealth
I have gained my wealth in a different aspect, wealth that doesn't belong to the 'normal' world. I couldn't buy a car, or stocks or a house with my wealth. But I felt I am rich. I am rich in my thinking, rich in my soul, rich with wisdom, and to be able to see my inner self more. This wealth is going to stay with me throughout my entire stay on this earth.

Time
Where ever you are, whoever you may be, there is only one thing that you and I have in common and that is all of us have 24 hours each day. You and I are alike at this moment, that is, our moment of existence. You could be existing in another place, doing another thing, or in an office receiving calls, or in a restaurant eating with your loved ones. Or, you could be alone in another country, or could be sitting in an overcrowded train heading to another part of the world.... Time, is constant moving, and we are following (or chasing after) time as well. I was once asked, “Aren’t you wasting your time? And in fact, you are wasting your one year's worth of time!”

Paradoxically, I felt that even though time is ticking always every second, my time has stopped. It’s like I am in another world, in a world of my own and watching the world goes by as an outsider.

Well, we are gaining something or losing something at each moment, at every decision we made. I have gained some and lost some. As of how much of each, I cannot tell exactly. All I can say is that this is a choice I've made and I have to live with it, to whatever consequences that may come. I am not sure if I would be able to get a job after I come back, I am not sure if all my friends or loved ones are still there for me....whatever is it, I guess if I am going to consider all these factors, I will not be able to let go. And so, it is best just to lift all these to the hands of our creator, who will determine how I am going to be after I am back.

Till now, each of my days is so filled up with excitement that I have no regrets in any of my decisions. I want to maintain that way....till the day I exit from this world.

















Here are some of the Singapore memories my friends have given to me while I was away in China. Btw, you don't get see all these food in China at all!! Whenever there's anyone from Singapore going over to China to meet me (actually only twice), my dear friends will never fail to brighten up my days with all these 'Happy Food'. The love from my friends is so great that it transcend across miles...and touches me in the most profound way ever. I am blessed with such good friends around me and I will put in my best to take care of the relationships.

No comments:

Some where over the rainbow...

Some where over the rainbow...